Hi,

Sorry if the subject's a bit cryptic. It's because of my ignorance, here's what I do know. Have just installed FBSD 4.8 release from the mini-iso, my old install got messed up and got Samba 3.0.10 running.

My win xp workstation is also my current gateway. Run a tcp monitor on that box called tcpview which displays active connections. Here's what I see for windows networking

System:4 TCP delliver:4885 swamisalami:microsoft-ds ESTABLISHED
System:4 TCP delliver:3031 penguin:netbios-ssn ESTABLISHED

System:4 TCP delliver:4852 eileen:netbios-ssn ESTABLISHED

Swamisalami is my fbsd, penguin's my rh9 box running samba 2.x, eileen is a win me workstation. Delliver is my gateway box.

What is microsoft-ds? Couldn't find anything about it in MS' knowledgebase.

Marty

p.s. yes I plan on moving my gateway to fbsd, but it's going to take some time for me to get there

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387 Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal