I run ET on 5.2.1-RELEASE and didn't have to do anything else than installing nvidia-driver and downloading the game (linux version)

Jorn Argelo wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:20:26 -0800, Derrick Ryalls wrote

I am running FreeBSD 5.3 Release on a AMD Athlon 2800+ with Linux
compatibility installed. I have just installed Linux-EnemyTerritory
from ports and I tried to run it: ./et in
/usr/compat/linux/usr/games/et .
I then get this error message:

libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory failed
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
-----------------------
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

I have located libGL.so.1 in my /usr/X11R6/lib/ .
I read the handbook page on Linux Compatibilty, however that didn't
seem to help.

I'm not sure where it searches for its required libs. You can try making

an

symbolic link to /usr/compat/linux/usr/lib if it's not there. Or
perhaps /usr/compat/linux/usr/local/lib.

Jorn

Can you run an OpenGL screen saver? I am guessing that OpenGL is not
enabled for your video for whatever reason. You might check your
config file.

That doesn't matter too much AFAIK. I've been running Gentoo for quite a while, and I could run OpenGL screen savers without a problem, but once I started UT2004 or any other OpenGL app it said that it couldn't find the libs. And I don't think it's platform dependant. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course :)

Jorn