--- Ion-Mihai Tetcu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  [ newbies really isn't the place for this
> discussion ]
>
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:42:41 -0800 (PST)
> Mervin McDougall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > --- Nikolas Britton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > systems I wanted this
> then
> > > updated with cvsup so I
> this
> > > script will do steps
> it
> > > into a file and then

> you
> > > put you as maintainer
> > > >

> > > Make what a port, you mean that hack I called a
> > > script? lol, I guess it
> > > could be, never made a port b4, but it would
> have to
> > > be redone as I'd
> > > never sign my name to it. It has no error
> control
> > > except for a cascading
> > > failure if the patch doesn't download or untar
> and
> > > it should include the
> > > patch to fix the mouse error. I think a better
> idea
> > > might be to redo it
> > > into a real script and post it to the PR?:
> > > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=71142
>
>  [ ... ]
>
> > This would be a good addition for persons who do
> > FreeBSD mobile.
>
> From what I see the PR has a responsible (delphij@,
> cc'ed) which makes
> me believe it would be merged into the tree
> eventually. Now as I didn't
> follow the discussion from the beginning does anyone
> know about a time
> frame for that ? The port is easy / not time
> consumming to do but
> maintaining it in the long run isn't so I would like
> to know if it will
> be merged in the near future.
>

> > Or perhaps there should be an entire
> > port for mobile FreeBSD, for persons who want
> > applications and are using mobile computers... So
> it
> > would include everything from the Vesa hack to say
> > battery monitors and perhaps a little how to on
> how to
> > tweak freebsd for laptops :)
>
> You're welcome to do it :)
>
> There are several battery monitors or applets for
> kde and gnome and a
> "profiler" for different environments .
>

> --
> IOnut
> Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

I can not confirm as to whether it will eventually be
merged into the tree but there was a PR that did
prompt its creation. But when I followed the series of
emails regarding the PR there really wasn't any
mention of it being merged into the tree. So. I really
can't say yes or no on that to be honest.