I have been testing 5.3 (Standard Install/Default settings) and
haven't had any file system corruption.  However, the I/O performance
results from my testing currently show that there is a major
difference between 4.11 and 5.3 (4.11 is much faster!).  I have a
suspicion that these issues may be related to some core issues with
5.3 that need to cleared up.