Ruben de Groot wrote:

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 11:28:06AM -0500, Gerard Samuel typed:
<...>

This will only log user.info messages coming from the ppp program to
/var/log/php.log. Either move the "user.=info" line up or finish the
"!ppp" block with a "!*" line (see manpage).

I went over the man page, and I dont see any references about finishing
program blocks. So Im taking your word for it.

From syslog.conf(5):

A program or hostname specification may be reset by giving the program or hostname as `*'.

Thanks.  Yes I saw that, but wasn't sure of its usage