Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

On 2005-01-25 21:30, Nikolas Britton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Lets say I have BATCH=yes (/etc/make.conf) and I have a port with a
menu that turns on some flags i.e.:

OPTIONS=        DEBUG "Build a debugging image" off \
              LOGGING "Enable additional log messages" off \
              OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS "Enable some additional optimizations"
off \
              XFT "Enable support for anti-aliased fonts" on \
              SMB "Enable smb:// URI support using gnomevfs" off

If I do something like the following:

MAKE_ARGS = {
'www/firefox' => 'WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS=yes CPUTYPE=p4',
'multimedia/gstreamer-*' => 'CPUTYPE=p2'
}

Will portupgrade only build the port with what I put in MAKE_ARGS or

Yes.

will it just append it to the ports config?

Not sure about this. AFAIK, MAKE_ARGS are passed as command line options to Make when the port is built. So, if passing them on the command line works until now *and* saves them in the persistent port options cache, it will work with portupgrade too.

what is the "persistent port options cache"? and I'm still confused as you said yes and no to my question.