In the last episode (Jan 27), Mark Jayson Alvarez said:
>   I was playing with file flags and decided to change the entire /
> hierarchy with "uunlnk". After doing that, I've cd into one of my
> file folders and then tried rm -rf *. It says operation not
> permitted. It worked. The uunlnk file flag worked. So I immediately
> cd'd into / and tried doing the same thing(rm -rf *). It was too late
> when I found out the the entries in my /dev/ wasn't affected when I
> chflags -R /. And then all of my devices were gone.
> I need a serious help now. Is there a way I can bring
> them back?

/dev/ on FreeBSD 5.* is a pseudo filesystem generated dynamically by
the kernel.  You can try running "devfs rule apply unhide" to ask the
kernel to put back all the devices it knows about, but any permissions
or symlinks created by the boot process will not be there.  A reboot
will put everything back to normal.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]