I don't know whether this is related to your issue,
but on one of my boxes I am also getting an interrupt
storm with atapicam enabled.

On FreeBSD 5.2.1 I did not experience any interrupt
storm issues, even if using the same hardware configuration.

Have a look at the attached text file for a detailed
description ...

Olivier Certner schrieb:
 Hi,

Could you give a look at my post dated 04/01/2005 entitled "Freeze with CAM (using KsCD)"? Maybe we have fallen on the same kind of bug concerning atapicam.

If you have KDE, maybe you should try to reproduce the problem I had. I've no time to test your scenario (the one with the EIDE drive, I don't have SCSI) now, but I'll try to reproduce it at the beginning of next week, in order to see if the freeze happens also on my computer.

 Hope this will help us to progress on our issues.

 Regards,

  Olivier

-- Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards DAn.I.El S. Haischt

Want a complete signature??? Type at a shell prompt:
$ > finger -l [EMAIL PROTECTED]