yes i have a ADSL router, and i redirect all ports to freebsd machine
when i connect to apache server (from outside my network and also locally) it work, but i don't know why DNS gaves me timeout.
there is no nating or firewall, only router, yes the udp is accessable

i'm trying to run DNS server, cuz i want to host my domain (just for learning how to host)

From: "Thomas Foster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ZaiD Dashti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject: Re: DNS
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:20:37 -0800

Does it have a publically accessible interface that can be accessed via an internet connection, or is it behind a Firewall/NAT/Router? Is UDP port 53 accessible if it is behind a Router? Are you hosting a publically resolvable domain name?

----- Original Message ----- From: "ZaiD Dashti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>