On Wed, Feb 02, 2005, Sebastian Uribe wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install an Imation Travan 3 parallel tape backup in a
>FreeBSD 4.10 box. Has FreeBSD support for it?

My experience with Travan tape drives has been uniformly bad, and I would
avoid them almost as strongly as the old Colorado Memory Systems Jumbo
floppy tape drives.

Given the low cost of large external firewire and USB disks today, I would
recommend using them rather than tape.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets.''