On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Chris Hodgins wrote:

> Steven Friedrich wrote:
> > On Wednesday 02 February 2005 04:44 pm, Tom Huppi wrote:
> >
> >>BTW, does anyone know off-hand how to set 'mixer' settings as
> >>default (so I would not have to re-set them after a re-boot?)

<snip>

> Wrote a little shell script to drop into /usr/local/etc/rc.d.  I hope
> someone finds it useful. :)

Thanks to all for the tips and ideas.  Just after I posted my
query, I noticed that somethine similar seems to be available (in
FreeBSD 5.3 and up) as a setting in /boot/device.hints.  It's
referenced in the handbook.

I think I like the rc.d idea best as it would allow one to
conveniently re-set to a known state, and it's pretty clear.

Thanks,

 - Tom