I have a system with two SCSI disks. da1 has a complete working system on it that I need to clone onto da0. The disks are different sizes. So I went to sysinstall and used 'disk label' to create the desired structure. Thats where the problems started. If I create the first partition and set the mount point to / and the second as a swap partition and the third to mount at /usr then when writing the changes there are a number of errors generated because it can't mount to those points - they are in use. So then I tried to use 'disk label' and create the structure using /mnt and /mnt1 (which do exist). That worked fine and did the newfs. However, it created partitions d and e rather than a and d. So I went back and reestablished the structure using / and /usr to set the partitions to a and d and then went back and changed the mount points to /mnt and /mnt1 before the write. However, this generated an error that it couldn't write label.

Obviously I am doing something wrong since I have don this using sysinstall and completing the system installation from CD. However, in this case the machine is a long way away and the CD drive is empty.