On Thursday 03 February 2005 01:45, albi wrote:
> Richard Bradley wrote:
> > Now I want to install some extensions that I didn't choose the first time
> > round, but I can't get the menu to reappear.
> >
> > I have tried:
> >
> > make clean && make
> > make deinstall && make reinstall
> > make configure
>
> you might want to try : make distclean
> that did the trick for me afair

Thanks very much.

I'm not sure what did the trick in the end, but some combined effect of the
following commands sorted it out:

make config  (brought up the menu!)
make   (returned as if everything was already compiled)
make distclean  (did some work)
make    (returned as if everything was already compiled)
make install   (compiled the new extension, then asked for a deinstall)
make deinstall
make reinstall

Where is this documented (i.e. is there any way I could have found this out
for myself)?

Rich