I'm considering *not* loading unecessary modules in a new kernel, so I
need to ask what seems like some dumb questions.

In the kernel config file (MYKERNEL in this case) does commenting out
stuff there stop some modules from loading? So for example if I comment
out SCSI support are the relevant modules for that built, or not built
when compiling the new kernel? It seems that the logical answer is
"they're not built if you comment them out" yet I have no way of knowing
if that instinct call is right or not.

The second question concerns the make.conf MODULES_OVERRIDE option
syntax. Is the syntax:
a)
    MODULES_OVERRIDE = blah
    MODULES_OVERRIDE = blah_blah
    MODULES_OVERRIDE = blah_blah_bluh
and so on until every one you want built is listed

OR

b)
    MODULES_OVERRIDE = /usr/src/sys/modules/blah
    MODULES_OVERRIDE = /usr/src/sys/modules/blah_blah
    MODULES_OVERRIDE = /usr/src/sys/modules/blah_blah_blah

OR can it be:

d)
MODULES_OVERRIDE =
module_a
module_b
module_c
etc

or finally:
e) is there an include syntax with maybe a plain
one-module-per-line file that could be inserted. Something like

MODULES_OVERRIDE = /path/to/come/include_file.inc

with "include_file.inc" having something maybe like this:
foo
bar
goo
gar

where 'foo', 'bar' etc. are modules

Sorry, but syntax is most often my weakest point and why things
sometimes don't work the way I expect them to.

Regards & TIA,
-Colin