Gustavo Cevallos wrote:
I downloaded and installed FreeBSD 5.3 on a computer.  I go past the login
and password stage. Can I go to a full graphics mode? How?

Ok, everyone refers to the Handbook, which is _the_ place to look for info. But, once you start up your system and login as root, you can get back to the installation menu running the command

# /stand/sysinstall

and do any post installation that you forgot, including the installation of additional packages. This is the newbie way of getting up and running
You want to look for Xorg or XFree86, Xorg is the default. From the sysinstall you also get to configure X.

Note, in *nix, X provides the basic graphical support, on top of that you want to choose a windows manager. KDE and Gnome are popular, but quite heavy (and bloated if you ask me). After configuring X you will choose which windows manager to install.

Cheers, Erik
--
Ph: +34.666334818                           web: http://www.locolomo.org
S/MIME Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/2004071206.crt