Hi all,

A few weeks back, on of my raid drives cacked.

Since then, I have not been able to comple anything. I get messages like:

(example while trying to .configure php4.3.10).
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd4.4
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

I tried to rebuild the compiler from ports, but it would no make either...keeps telling me to set cc to a working compiler...

Is there any way to fix this short of rebuilding the whole os? A bianary compiler perhaps?

-Grant