On Monday 07 February 2005 08:37 am, Anthony Atkielski
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Eric Kjeldergaard writes:
>
> EK> To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the
> EK> freebsd-questions Archives.
> EK>
> EK> Since we are discussing implicit contracts, I would think that
> the EK> announcement that the collection of prior postings is linked
> to and EK> mentioned/described to be reasonable notification that the
> mailing EK> list gets archived.
>
> It's not.  And there must be no other way of subscribing in order for
> this method to be valid, anyway.
>
> Why do you think that software companies and Web sites and other
> organizations require you to check a box to accept terms and
> conditions, instead of just assuming that you read and understand
> them when they are displayed?

Since this is a volunteer organization, and it seems to me that you have
the most interest in it, and if you refuse to let this go, then I have
a suggestion. Hire a lawyer and write up a legally sound plan, and then
submit it. Until then, you're demanding things of people that simply
aren't going to happen, just because you demand it.

- jt