* Adam McMaster [2005-02-08 14:00 -0000]
>  It's not really the case that all the energy becomes heat, since the
>  computer also has moving parts and generates sound (a *lot* of sound if
>  it's anything like mine).  Most of the energy going into a computer
>  probably does become heat in the end, but certainly not all of it.
>  Because of this it might be better to get a more efficient heater, but
>  in the end it probably doesn't make a noticeable difference either way.

The sound will also end up as heat in the end. The same goes for light.
Hence my "disclaimer" in the end, stating that you need a sound and light
insulated house. However, I think there are very little energy in the
sound and light of a computer, relatively speaking.