On Friday 11 February 2005 12:31 am, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> There can be only ONE 'flagship' logo just as there is only one
> company name in a conglomerate.  But there is plenty of space
> for different subsidiary marks for the product.
>
> For example, Chevrolet, Buick, Saturn, these are all part of
> General Motors.  However they have their own distinct brands
> and logos and such.  But, there is only ONE name for the
> company - GM - that is used when talking about the -entire-
> enchalada.

Heh...  This gives me an idea...  How about FreeBSD "skins."  The
Beastie as the default (of course), and dis_ey-type themes for
the "weak in the faith".  If FreeBSD's attempt is not to be
offensive to anyone, anywhere, anytime, then perhaps it just
needs to jump into a different skin for everybody (corporate or
otherwise) it serves...  Perhaps a questionare to be filled out
in the beginnings of sysinstall would let the system know what is
to be considered "appropriate."

(hey...  anythings possible)  :)

Mike