On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 05:52:38AM +0100, Gert Cuykens wrote:
> Does anyone know how glade-2 works ?
> I made a test gui and now i would like to make a test executable of the gui ?

The menu option "Project -> Save" will save your project's xml files.

Then, "Project -> Build" will generate C code from your project,
together with files used for the GNU autoconf et al build system.

If you're not familiar with autoconf, you might want to read its
documentation (and that of automake also), see
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf and .../automake.

Then, on the command line, in the Directory where glade has written
your project:

% setenv ACLOCAL_FLAGS <...>

You need to set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS environment variable to the
directories containing the .m4 files which are needed by the
configure.in script. Have no access now to my FreeBSD box to look
up which directories these are -- have only Linux available here at
work... :\ Usually, it's something like
"-I /usr/X11R6/share/aclocal19 -I /usr/local/share/aclocal19"
or something like that.

% aclocal19 $ACLOCAL_FLAGS && autoheader259 && automake19 -a -c && autoconf259

(or whatever your aclocal and auto* binaries are available as).

Then run

% ./configure && make

which builds your executables.

> PS are there alternatives for glade ?

1. Take another widget set (though imho gtk is one of the best)

2. Write source code directly -- take a look at the C source files
   generated from glade, and visit http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/

Regards, Dominik.