I know this isn't FreeBSD but perhaps someone knows the way to get this accomplsihed (relatively) painlessly.

I have just discovered that php4.3.10 *seems* not to be compiled with session support. php4-extensions *is* installed however, and I note in the Makefile the option WITH_SESSION is set to "yes".

In an adventurous mood I decided to de - and reinstall php4-extensions, only to be met with a stop error preceded by this:

checking for magic files in default path... not found
configure: error: Please reinstall the libmagic distribution

I don't know what magic files are. In the Makefile IMAGICK is the only reference I can find to magic...and support for that is set to "off"

The objective is to enable session management, and it seems an excessively convoluted path to follow in order to get that accomplished.

In a word...."Help!!"

Regards & TIA,
-Colin
--