[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Nope. Beastie is a way of life. I'd be quite upset if it were dropped
for whatever reason. It is so intimately tied to FreeBSD that it would
be a PR disaster if it were to be changed. NetBSD never had a real

The BSD daemon image stems from around 4.3BSD, or an even earlier release, not FreeBSD. It can therefore never be specific for the FreeBSD system, in the same way Ronald McDonald doesn't stand for the Big Mac alone, but rather for the entire company. In earlier years, before the general hype about Linux and *BSD, I've seen the image being used in presentations about Unix in general.