Peter Risdon wrote:
On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 11:48 +0000, Peter Risdon wrote:

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 21:48 -0500, Bob Ababurko wrote:

Hello-

I am trying to figure out how to configure the ports....what I am trying to do is add mhash to my system that a new script needs and I have to add the --with-mhash=[dir] when I compile php. Well I installed php with the ports and I am hoping to reinstall it with this added. I have tried to add it to the Makefile under the configure options, but I got an error that said: "Unassociated shell command". That obviously is not the right way.

Just install:

/usr/ports/security/php4-mhash

on top of your existing php installation.

An alternative is to install /lang/php4-extensions and check the
relevant boxes.

Ugh. errant slash:

install lang/php4-extensions

Peter.

After installing php4-mhash, I cannot get apache to restart.
I cannot find anything in the logs, namely http-error.log probabl because apache needs to be started. I am not finding anything in the /var/log/messages either. When I start apache from the command line, it gives me the message the httpd has been started but there doesn't. What could be wrong?

btw, this is installing on apache ....WAIT a moment. When I do a pkg_info, I get apache+mod_ssl-1.3.31+2.8.19. Could that be my problem? Does that mean that there are two versions of apache installed? I do not remember doing this....as a matter of fact I know I did not do this.
Can someone shed some light on this for me?

-Bob