Hi all,

I am new to FreeBSD and the ports collection and have hit probably a trivial problem which I hope someone can help with.

I'm trying to set up a print & file server. I have installed 5.3-RELEASE and successfully compiled a new kernel with lots of stuff removed that I know I don't need. Everything seems to be working fine to this point.

What I am now doing is trying to install APSFILTER from the ports collection. I have installed and run CVSup, and portaudit. When I try to build APSFILTER it goes well until it gets to the point where it needs Samba (smbclient). It seems there is a known vulnerability and so refuses to build it telling me to update my ports tree. I know the tree is up to date, so I assume there is no fix for this particular problem yet. How can I force the build to ignore this problem for now?

Thanks