Eric F Crist wrote:
Hello list,

I'm trying to get FTPD working, but I think I'm not opening the correct ports for it in my firewall. I've got 20 and 21 open, and I get the login prompt and such, but only after a 10 to 20 second delay. After that, everything seems to work fine, until I try to upload to the incoming directory, which is disabled right now. The error takes another 10 to 20 seconds to pop up. when I have a rule such as:

ipfw add 1 allow log all from any to any

Everything works as fast as it normally should.

Thanks.

Try this:

ipfw add 1 allow log all from any to me 20,21

-- Best regards, Chris

Keep emotionally active,
cater to your favorite neurosis.