On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, E. J. Cerejo wrote:

I use to be able to mount my paralell zip drive with
the following command under Fbsd 4.x:

mount -t msdos /dev/da0s4 /zip

now I'm running 5.3 I can't, what changed?

I noticed that there is only da0 in my /dev directory,
I have this in my kernel:

# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
#device         ch              # SCSI media changers
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
#device         sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device          atapicam                # emulate ATAPI devices as SCSI
ditto via CAM
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI
access)
#device         ses             # SCSI Environmental Services (and
SAF-TE)

do I need anything else?

I've got a parellel port zip drive running on a 5.3 system at home. From memory, I think what you need is:
device vpo