Loren M. Lang writes:

> Do you mean install a 1440k floppy image onto a disk or just copy a file
> smaller than 1440k onto the msdos fs of an already formatted floppy.

Specifically, I was trying to generate an installation boot floppy for
FreeBSD, in order to install it on my other machine (which is too old to
boot from CD).

> The latter should be ok even at securelevel 3, but the former can't
> because that would mean open /dev/fd0 for writing other than a mount.

I got the error just trying to mount the diskette.  I tried all
different formats of the mount and mount_msdosfs commands and they all
either generated a syntax error or told me that the operation was not
permitted.

--
Anthony