Teilhard Knight wrote:

I am not an expert on FreeBSD and I am not an expert on hardware.

Neither am I, but...

The error I get is: "panic no BSP found". Anyone has
an idea of what that means? I'll give you my configuration file just in case someone takes the trouble to have a look at it. My machine is the HP t730m,
3GHz HT, 512 Meg of RAM.

(sznipp)

# To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed

options SMP # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel

options APIC_IO # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

BSP sounds suspiciously like something that has something to do with SMP (we're getting really technical here, eh?). I would try removing those two options from your kernel config and/or disabling Hyperthreading in BIOS, if that's an option.

--
Toomas