Anthony Atkielski wrote:
Chris writes:

This is simple. As someone has pointed out before, you need cvsup the
ports tree then a portupgrade. Yes, after the cvsup and portupgrade you
will have 1.0.1

There is no ports tree on the machine, so it cannot be out of date.
Isn't the index downloaded from the FTP site each time I start
sysinstall always up to date?  If not, how can I update something that
isn't even on my system?

If you don't have the ports tree (/usr/ports) on the box, put it there. You can do this either via sysinstall or nab the ports tarball from FBSD.

-- Best regards, Chris

If you fool around with a thing for very long you will
screw it up.