On Feb 25, 2005, at 4:27 PM, Jonathan Chen wrote:

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 04:16:40PM -0500, Marty Landman wrote:

[...]
Here's the problem, hope the preceding is a good background to it. Find
that the IP address for the 5.3 box gets changed on a fairly regular basis
by (I guess) my xp gateway so that I then have to change the gateway hosts
file, the 5.3 hosts file and 5.3 rc.conf file.

The 4.8 box's IP addr has been stable.

Any idea where I start to fix this? Would like the 5.3 box's IP addr to
remain stable as well.

This has nothing to do with the FreeBSD boxes, but rather a configuration issue with your DHCP server. The DHCP server can be configured so that it will always give the same IP for a particular NIC. Talk to your admin about it. --

The other thing you could try would be to set a static IP on your workstations...

HTH