At 10:32 AM 2/26/2005, Eric F Crist wrote:

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 04:16:40PM -0500, Marty Landman wrote:

that the IP address for the 5.3 box gets changed on a fairly regular basis
[snip]
The 4.8 box's IP addr has been stable.
The other thing you could try would be to set a static IP on your workstations...

I just can't help but notice that this is only a problem on my 5.3 box and not on the 4.8. AFAIK the config's are identical, although obviously I am still a newbie at this.

BTW, why is my nic on 4.8 ep0 but on 5.3 dc0? Is that the way it should be?

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387 Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal