Lowell Gilbert wrote:
Eric Schuele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Zlatozar Zhelyazkov wrote:

cd /usr/ports/www/flashplugin-firefox/
make install clean
cd /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf/
make clean all install
cd /usr/ports/devel/linuxthreads
make install clean
cd /usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper
make install clean

Thank you for these instructions.  I was hoping to find a native flash
player, since I am currently not running the Linux compatibility
layer. But maybe I have no choice.  In any case these instructions
will be very helpful if I decide to turn on compatibility.

I though that www/flashplugin-firefox *was* native, and didn't require
any of those other bits.  [If it did require them, the ports system
would be set up to build them first.]

In my previous post I failed to notice Z.Z. was referencing flashplugin-firefox. I just saw linux-this and linux-that.

Well... as far as I know it is native. So I went to /usr/ports/www/flashplugin-firefox and did a 'make install clean'. I had heard bad things but thought I'd try it anyways. It installed it.. Firefox recognizes it, and will display a flash app. But it then either does not respond to clicks on the flash app (firefox is still responsive though)... or it totally kills firefox.

Maybe I need to follow through on Zlatozar's instructions.

--
Regards,
Eric