Hi.

It seems i have the same kmem_malloc problem as some others has had in
their SMP computers that is running FreeBSD 5.3, however, it is also
different... my problem doesnt occur after an extended period of
running the server, it occurs randomly at bootup. Another difference
is that it is not a 2GB memory machine, it runs at 128MB.

Now, since the previous fixes all said to increase the VM_KMEM
settings im guessing this wont work for me since i have 128MB physical
memory and 256MB swap (actually, ive tested it as well, doesnt work).
And yes, i have checked all previous bug reports containing the word
"kmem", the closest one ive found is this "kern/75510". In that report
there still is some unanswered questions though.

So... could anyone think of a way for me to fix this? And please dont
say "get more memory", rather, say "this module is using one hell of
alot of memory so remove it and decrease the VM_KMEM and it should
work"... seriously, why does the kernel use 320MB+ of memory?
Something to do with the SMP code?

And, if i have to get more memory... how much more should i get? Would
256MB be enough, or does FreeBSD 5.3 only run on 2GB+ machines now?

Thanks in advance
  Andreas Lindström
  Sweden