Hi,

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Loren M. Lang wrote:

It seems that FreeBSD 5.3 now has support in the kernel for the
synaptics touchpad that my laptop has.  Right now it's just running as a
normal mouse, it looks like the support is disabled by default.  In
isa/psm.c, I can see the synaptics support in there, but it's disabled
unless hw.psm.synaptics_support is set to 1.  My question is how do I
set it to one?  It's setup as a TUNABLE_INT, but there is no sysctl for
it.  Does it only appear on boot?

It is not a sysctl, it is a kernel tunable. You control it from the boot loader, for example by putting

  hw.psm.synaptics_support="1"

into /boot/loader.conf.  See loader.conf(5) and /boot/defaults/loader.conf
for more information.

     $.02,
     /Mikko