"Eugene M. Minkovskii" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Just a moment, does it mean that your last rule allow any
> incoming connections from world to clients if thay matched by
> client2_inports, ANY, not only connections opened by clients?

That rule would let new connections from anywhere pass on the allowed
ports to the clients. This might be useful mainly if your firewall is
between the world and one or more servers, though.

> Moreover, I read in documentation, that state table reads BEFORE
> rules, and connections that opened by clients in first rule:
>
> pass out on $ext_if from $client1 to any proto tcp $allowed_out \
>      label client2 keep state
>
> whill not marked by label client2-in because thay don't pass to
> this rule. Am I right?

In a word, yes. The 'keep state' in these examples, would AFAIK mean
that the counters would keep track of all traffic for a connection, so
traffic initiated from the inside would match the pass out rule's
counters, while connections opened from the outside would count on the
pass in rules.