As far as I know, basic iLO features are not OS dependent at all. But if
you need a license, you're using advanced features; basic support is
included with the server. Possibly you want to get to a graphic display?
If you can do with access to a text terminal you should be fine.
Switching to a text terminal via a SSH session to iLO can, for example,
be done by assigning CTRL-ALT-F1 to say CTRL-T in iLO itself.