I get the following error when I try to mount_smbfs a LAN file share
as root with 5.3-RELEASE and a GENERIC kernel, both cvsup-ed and
compiled this past weekend:
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: mount_smbfs: Undefined symbol "vfsisloadable"

I can't find a whole lot of information about this error.  But
apparently, "vfsisloadable" is an outdated parameter that should no
longer be referenced in the source.

The only other reference I found to this error was a kernel that was
missing the proper support, but it seemed that a GENERIC kernel would
take care of that.

Any ideas on how to verify that my system has got whatever mount_smbfs
may need to operate properly, or how to remedy the error?

Thank you,
~John