Hi,

Please forgive my ignorance but what's the reason FreeBSD ships
OpenSSH patched with HPN by default? Besides my passion for
security, I've been working in the HPC sector for a while and
benchmarked the patch for a customer about 1.5 years ago. The
CTR-multi threading patch is actually *slower* than upstream OpenSSH
with AES in CTR mode. GCM being, of course, the fastest mode on
AESNI plattforms.

The NULL mode is a security concern as some have noted, I can only
imagine that the window-scaling patch is of such importance?

Thanks,
Aaron