Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 01:57:32PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smørgrav:
> heasley <h...@shrubbery.net> writes:
> > So, what is the BCP to support a v1 client for outbound connections on fbsd
> > 11?  Hopefully one that I do not need to maintain by building a special ssh
> > from ports.  Is there a pkg that I'm missing?
>
> FreeBSD 10 supports SSHv1 and will continue to do so.  FreeBSD 11 and 12
> do not, and neither does the openssh-portable port.  I'm afraid you will
> have to find some other SSH client.

That is sad; I doubt that I am the only one who would need this - there
are millions of Cisco, HP, and etc network devices that folks must continue
to access but will never receive new firmware with sshv2.  It takes a long
time for some equipment to transition to the recycle bin - even after
vendor EOLs.