On Wed, 7 Mar 2018 14:30+0100, Remko Lodder wrote:

> > On 7 Mar 2018, at 12:50, David Chisnall <thera...@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > Were these changes and the kernel changes tested together on Xen?
> > After updating to -p7, I get about 10 seconds of uptime on a Xen
> > VM before the kernel panics with a double fault and reboots.
> > Disabling ntpd results in a stable system.  On an AMD system
> > without a hypervisor, I don’t see any instability.
>
> Hi David,
>
> We have no Xen setup as far as I know so in short; these changes were not
> tested on Xen as far as I know.
>
> Cheers
> Remko

Here's one of my systems, running ntpd on stable/11 r330228 on
XenServer 7.3, and there have been no issues so far. Timekeeping is as
good as can be expected. The XenServer host has Intel CPUs.

$ uname -aKU
FreeBSD somehost 11.1-STABLE FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE #0 r330228: Thu Mar  1
10:58:45 CET 2018     root@somehost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XENGUEST  amd64
1101511 1101511
$ w | head -1
 2:18p.m.  up 5 days,  1:23, 1 user, load averages: 0,18 0,20 0,17

Note, I run a custom kernel eliminating most of the unneeded stuff
when running as a/an Xen guest, see
https://ximalas.info/~trond/create-zfs/canmount/XENGUEST-amd64-stable-11
for details.

--