On 12/12/20 7:18 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

Having two different instances of libcrypto in the same address space is
generally asking for trouble

Of course.
That's why I was always wary about switching to a newer/shinier OpenSSL from ports (wihtout eradicating the old one from base). You are right, "with sufficient care to detail" it will work, but it's going to be a lot of testing.

Understood.  Thanks for following up anyway!

You are welcome! Really!

None of those quite seem like they qualify as being complicated uses, so
there is probably not much immediate benefit from switching, for you.

Thanks a lot for clarifying.

Sorry to have been a little too sensationalist, there.

Well, you being "sorry" means me being safe and safe is better than sorry :)

 bye
        av.