The deeper-lying problem is the almost complete lack of policy what is
allowed and not for installer scripts.
And the complete lack of policy what to do in case of violations, no
matter whether intentional or not.

Other appstores (the pkg system is de facto an appstore) have policies
that are being enforced to protect their customers, for example by
(temporarily) taking down apps that behave dubiously.

When in lack of agreed-upon rules/policies/laws the "police" does not
dare to do anything, in fear to hurt anybody's feelings, isn't it then
an useless placebo police?

The issue has been reported and said to be fixed more than three
months ago, and the problem still is there like if nothing had be
done.

If you are not able to understand that advocators and users get angry
rightfully and want to have the deeper-lying issues addressed and
solved, which have led to such problems, then this might be a
complacency issue.
And from another perspective, it might be seen as an entitlement
mentality if developers expect users to fix their bugs, and even
provide them with ready-to-use patches.

I apologize if I hurt feelings by getting angered over this.
But seeing quite some people having tried to get the issue solved in a
quiet, polite manner without achieving any effective progress,
indicated to me that this approach would not be fruitful.
Sometimes it is necessary to raise the voice, even at the risk of
making oneself unpopular.

I would be happy if this incident would lead to a discussion and
setting up rules/policies that in future can prevent such things
happen and persist unsolved.