Am 30.01.2009 um 10:16 schrieb S.N.Grigoriev:

after upgrading to Xorg 7.4 from the FreebSD ports tree
I've got my USB stack completely unusable. If Xorg is started
(manually or via xdm) my USB printer and external HDD become
unreachable (timeouts). It is not enough to kill Xorg to restore
the USB functionality. FreeBSD has to be restarted.

I use FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE (amd64) compiled from fresh sources.
Any tips?

One way is to look for patches in the PR database and simply try them, for example:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/130957 (shameless plug)

This could help you and, if you find something helpful, add a chance to get a PR fixed.

MarKus