Xin LI wrote:

Dr. Aharon Friedman wrote:
(note the fact that
/ can not be easily rolled back to previous state using ZFS's snapshot
feature, and can not be easily switched between clones

I actually keep a full minimal install on my UFS /bootdisk slice (which i use geom mirror for) and then symlink /bootdisk/boot to /boot on the ZFS /. This way should I ever need to rollback ZFS / I can quickly change the vfs.root.mountfrom to /dev/mirror/gm0 and then have a base system living entirely on UFS. If you do it that way you can easily rollback your ZFS / should you need to and then just reboot back to the ZFS / when you're done.

Cheers,
Dillon