Henri Hennebert wrote:
Kip Macy wrote:
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Adam McDougall <mcdou...@egr.msu.edu> wrote:
I'm thinking that too. I spent some time taking stabs at figuring it out yesterday but didn't get anywhere useful. I did try compiling the -current src/sys/boot tree on 7.2 after a couple header tweaks to make it compile but the loader still didn't work. The working loader is the same file size as the broken loader unless it was compiled on i386 and then it is ~30k bigger for some reason (it shrinks to the same size as the rest if I force it to use the same 32bit compilation flags as used on amd64). Just mentioning this in case it saves someone else some time. I'm real pleased it works at
all.

If someone has the time to track down the differences I'll MFC them.
I'm not using ZFS boot at the moment so I have no way of testing.

At last I get this F.....G diff!!!

The problem was in libstand.a. By the way , the patch also take into account the update of Doug Rabson to answer my problem with too many devices / pools.

Happy to help on this one.

I can confirm that this fixes my loader when I patch, compile, install libstand then compile and install the loader. Thanks for finding it!