Eugene Grosbein wrote:
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:14:18AM +0800, Sagara Wijetunga wrote
If you conversant in this area, could you help us to identify what is/are the exact function/s in which program/s to look into identify the media insertion activity, so that we can generate relevant devd event.

No, I'm not. In your position I would study the device specs -
does it generate hardware event in case of media change in first place?

If yes, I'd read sources of umass driver to see how it generates events
for single flash device and add such event for reader's media change.

rwatson@ has or has had a patch to do something like this.

It is complicated by the fact that GEOM and NEWBUS don't necessarily talk to each other directly.

I agree something needs to be done about removable volume management in FreeBSD.

cheers,
BMS