On Fri, 12 Feb 2010, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:

I'm planning a massive testing for this weekend, including removing
soft mount option and trying linux client/server.

Btw, I forgot to mention that I'm experiencing other NFS problems from
time to time, including "death" of a mount (that is, all processes that
try to access it freeze; this cures itself in some time with a message
"server is alive again"). Also I've seen another strange thing - not
only the mount dies but the network is flooded with NFS traffic.
Last time I've seen it quite a while ago, so I don't remember the
circumstances and direction of the traffic.

There are some patches at:
        http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem
that may be relevant if you are using vanilla FreeBSD-8.0. (They're all
now in stable/8, but are post-release of 8.0.)

rick