On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 09:33:50PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 03/12/10 02:13, Greg Byshenk wrote:

> > I would put in a word for 'mergemaster -F' (or maybe '-iF') in such
> > cases.

> At this point the -U option is generally a safer bet. The only time this
> won't work for you is when upgrading from an older -RELEASE where you've
> never run mergemaster previously, in which case it will bark loudly that
> there is no mtree database. You could then run 'mergemaster -Fi' as you
> suggested, and run 'mergemaster -U' immediately thereafter and you
> should get as much "automation" as is possible.

I don't actually want "as much 'automation' as is possible".  Generally
I want to know what is being modified, even if it is in a file that I
haven't changed.  I like '-F' because it allows me to ignore the huge
number of files that aren't actually changed -- except the RCS line --
that sometimes arise when moving between versions.

--
greg byshenk  -  gbysh...@byshenk.net  -  Leiden, NL