On 12/23/2011 10:56 AM, Mike Tancsa wrote:

Also, the chroot issue has been public for some time along with sample
exploits. Same with BIND which was fixed some time ago.  Judgment call,
and I think they made the right call at least from my perspective.

It is this chroot issue that bothers me. From my reading of the ftpd man page, if I have anonymous ftp to my server, it seems that I am using chroot with ftpd, and there is no way to stop this happening.

Am I correct, or have I missed something?  (I am hoping I missed something.)