Matt Heckaman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> probably said:
> I do not have any of the 'weird sound' problem though. I did through XMMS
> but their new version fixed that out. Similar problems occured with things
> that used certain mixers. I believe this was an issue of the *program* not
> the OS. Either way, xmms 1.2.x fixed it.

I'm using xmms 1.2.1. I get the static on open as I described with xmms,
x11amp and mpg123.

With the same software on a machine using an SBLive, I don't get any
static problems.

I also haven't seen the mose movement or console change noise, just
static on open, sometimes ...

P.

--
pir                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]